Careers at Memset
If you're looking for a challenging career, working at the cutting edge of technology, then we want to hear from you. Memset can offer you a friendly atmosphere and the chance to make a big difference in a small company. We recognise that our staff are the bedrock of our success so we reward them with a generous benefits package and a discretionary bonus scheme. Memset is fast growing and profitable, with ambitious plans, so we're looking for people who can develop with us. Training is ongoing, incorporating both formal qualifications and informal in-house learning, depending on your needs.
Memset is currently hiring for the following positions (permanent and full time unless otherwise specified):
If you would like to apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com along with 3 reasons why you would be perfect for the position.
Please note: Memset does not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Memset is an equal opportunities employer and entry into, and progression within, the company is solely determined by the application of job criteria, personal attitude and competence.
Memset takes the security of personal data very seriously. All personal information supplied by you is held securely by Memset and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Memset is a small, friendly, fast-growing, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government. We have a comprehensive suite of in-house developed systems, mostly Linux-based using Python, Django and MySQL, which automate many of our business processes. We can offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practise agile development with continuous integration.
We're a naturally open-source leaning company, primarily very technical hence demanding of our technology. Our approach is one of smart people and automated systems. Our internal systems are often a proving ground for cutting-edge new approaches which will ultimately become the products of the future.
This is an extremely friendly environment. You will be technically and professionally challenged but our family will be here to support you. We look after our own, not just with a solid benefits package, but with the culture around us as well. We offer a relaxed atmosphere with a casual dress code, ping-pong table and many other great perks.
Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8TB) - map
Dunsfold Park is home to the famous Top Gear track and production studio, as well as Wings and Wheels and many other exciting events.
Due to our rural location, you must be able to drive. Alternatively, we offer a shuttle bus service from Guildford train station to Dunsfold via Godalming, which runs twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. Each journey takes 20-30 minutes.
All roles are currently based at our head office but there may be a future requirement to travel to other Memset offices as the business expands.
- Annual salary review
- Discretionary bonus twice a year
- Private healthcare (including dental)
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Tech Fund to help you develop your IT skills and acumen
- Extensive internal and external training
- BBQ and benches outside - whenever the weather permits bring your own meat in and enjoy a burger al fresco while watching the Stig driving around the track
- Fun Budget - various team building events throughout the year e.g. Pub Quiz, Christmas party, BBQ at the owner's house - lots of fun guaranteed every time!
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the Month competition with very attractive prizes
- Pension Scheme coming up in August 2016
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete personality profiling, aptitude tests as well as a basic DBS check (formerly CRB check) and Security Clearance (SC).
Junior Account Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an Junior Account Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Account Management Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of accounts and being the face of the company to clients.
- Managing client relationships and providing clients with excellent service and support in order to maximise customer retention and facilitate an increase in customer spend
- Working with the other members of the Account Management team to ensure that all account queries are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Liaising with the Operations team to enable the provision of services in line with customer requirements
- Liaising with the Finance team to resolve billing and outstanding payment issues
- General administrative tasks, such as preparing quotations and reports
- CRM tool maintenance
- Adhering to compliance and audit requirements
- Gathering, recording and reporting on customer feedback
- Promoting the referral scheme
- Experience in a customer service or account management role
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Proactive and with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to work independently/with minimal supervision
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with clients
- A-levels or equivalent qualifications
The following will be beneficial to your application:
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Confidence and influencing skills
- Sound decision-making abilities
Corporate Infrastructure Engineer
An experienced Infrastructure Engineer is required to join the Corporate Infrastructure team here at Memset. You will work closely with the Corporate Infrastructure Manager to develop the internal infrastructure and deliver IT projects.
This role has an emphasis on Linux and network administration, but will also entail a degree of Mac and Windows support. Suitable candidates will have a strong work ethic and attention to detail as well as a proactive and 'can do' attitude.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Linux system administration
- Network infrastructure administration
- Take business critical infrastructure projects through to completion
- Generate and maintain infrastructure documentation
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Prior experience in a Linux server and desktop administration role
- Experience in the installation and support of network infrastructure (i.e. firewalls, routers, switches)
- Experience with virtualisation technologies (i.e. Xen/KVM/VMware/Citrix)
- Willingness to learn and support non-Linux based systems where applicable to the role
Experience in any of the following will be beneficial to your application:
- Postfix and Procmail
- iptables /Shorewall
- IP telephone systems – Asterisk in particular
- Apache Subversion
- Cloud technologies (i.e. OpenStack)
- Monitoring tools such as Nagios or Observium
- Microsoft Active Directory and/or Group Policy
Last updated 29 July 2016, 14:38 GMT