Careers at Memset
If you're looking for a challenging career, working at the cutting edge of technology, then we want to hear from you. Memset can offer you a friendly atmosphere and the chance to make a big difference in a small company. We recognise that our staff are the bedrock of our success so we reward them with a generous benefits package and a discretionary bonus scheme. Memset is fast growing and profitable, with ambitious plans, so we're looking for people who can develop with us. Training is ongoing, incorporating both formal qualifications and informal in-house learning, depending on your needs.
Memset is currently hiring for the following positions (permanent and full time unless otherwise specified):
If you would like to apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 3 reasons why you would be perfect for the position.
Please note: Memset does not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Memset is an equal opportunities employer and entry into, and progression within, the company is solely determined by the application of job criteria, personal attitude and competence.
Memset takes the security of personal data very seriously. All personal information supplied by you is held securely by Memset and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Memset is a small, friendly, fast-growing, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government. We have a comprehensive suite of in-house developed systems, mostly Linux-based using Python, Django and MySQL, which automate many of our business processes. We can offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practise agile development with continuous integration.
We're a naturally open-source leaning company, primarily very technical hence demanding of our technology. Our approach is one of smart people and automated systems. Our internal systems are often a proving ground for cutting-edge new approaches which will ultimately become the products of the future. We've been going a while, but aggressively pursue the start-up mentality to make sure we don't lose our edge.
This is an extremely friendly environment. You will be technically and professionally challenged but our family will be here to support you. We look after our own, not just with a solid benefits package, but with the culture around us as well. We offer a relaxed atmosphere with a casual dress code, ping-pong table and many other great perks.
Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8TB) - map
Dunsfold Park is home to the famous Top Gear track and production studio, as well as Wings and Wheels and many other exciting events.
Due to our rural location, you must be able to drive. Alternatively, we offer a shuttle bus service from Guildford train station to Dunsfold via Godalming, which runs twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. Each journey takes 20-30 minutes.
All roles are currently based at our head office but there may be a future requirement to travel to other Memset offices as the business expands.
- Annual salary review
- Discretionary bonus twice a year
- Private healthcare (including dental)
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Tech Fund to help you develop your IT skills and acumen
- Extensive internal and external training
- BBQ and benches outside - whenever weather permits bring your own meat in and enjoy a burger al fresco while watching the Stig driving around the track
- Fun Budget - various team building events throughout the year e.g. Pub Quiz, Christmas party, BBQ at the owner's house - lots of fun guaranteed every time!
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the Month competition with very attractive prizes
- Pension Scheme coming up in August 2016
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete personality profiling, aptitude tests as well as a basic DBS check (formerly CRB check) and Security Clearance (SC).
Pre-sales Technical Specialist
We are now looking to bolster our growing Sales team with a Pre-Sales Technical Specialist who has experience in a similar role for a hosting company or an Infrastructure provider.
The successful candidate will work closely with both the Operations and Sales team to help build and translate customer requirements into workable and supportable services from within Memset’s current core offerings and technical skill set within the company. You will report into the Head of Sales but also have a strong dotted line to the Head of Operations.
The job will entail:
- Attending meetings, providing technical input on conference calls with existing customers but mainly for new prospects.
- Production of network diagrams and materials internally for technical “sign off” by Senior Operations staff.
- Working with Project Managers on the delivery of agreed solutions ensuring continuity and quality.
- Some technical blogs or documentation writing may need to be produced.
- Representing customer’s needs and wants for service and product development internally.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Excellent demeanour with customers being able to translate complex technical requirements into plain English supported by verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of cloud computing.
- Knowledge of virtualisation.
- Understanding of Windows/Linux in Internet and secure network environments. Overview of IP networks and security, understanding of LAN, WAN, firewalls etc.
- Ability to compose detailed network diagrams.
- Knowledge of best practice as far as security architectures.
- Competency with CRM solutions such as Salesforce.
Those skills are required as a building block but we realise that the successful candidate will need time to understand our core services.
If you're an experienced developer interested in automation and you're not afraid of releasing high impact code every day, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Working on new projects and helping with the maintenance of many of the existing systems.
- Detecting repetitive tasks that are part of operations' day to day activities to automate them.
- Deployment and integration of OpenStack.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be fluent in Python and Linux command-line.
- Be familiar with Subversion or any other SCM (git or Mercurial, for example).
- Be happy to work on your own without excessive supervision.
The following will be beneficial to your application:
- A 2.1 degree in science, technology, engineering or maths, or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with Xen or any other virtualization technology.
- Unit testing in Python and TDD.
- Networking experience (e.g. basic routing, troubleshooting, IP layers 2 and 3).
- Web front-end development experience with Django.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
Last updated 5 February 2016, 11:26 GMT