Careers at Memset
If you're looking for a challenging career, working at the cutting edge of technology, then we want to hear from you. Memset can offer you a friendly atmosphere and the chance to make a big difference in a small company. We recognise that our staff are the bedrock of our success so we reward them with a generous benefits package and a discretionary bonus scheme. Memset is fast growing and profitable, with ambitious plans, so we're looking for people who can develop with us. Training is ongoing, incorporating both formal qualifications and informal in-house learning, depending on your needs.
Memset is currently hiring for the following positions (permanent and full time unless otherwise specified):
- Compliance And Risk Manager
- Sales Admin Assistant
- Systems Administrator
- Data Centre Support Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Graduate Software Developer
- Python Software Developer
If you would like to apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com along with 3 reasons why you would be perfect for the position.
Please note: Memset does not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
If we aren't advertising the right job for you at the moment, why not join our mailing list so you'll be alerted whenever we post a new job? Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'join mailing list' specifying what roles you're interested in.
Memset is an equal opportunities employer and entry into, and progression within, the company is solely determined by the application of job criteria, personal attitude and competence.
Memset takes the security of personal data very seriously. All personal information supplied by you is held securely by Memset and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8TB) - home to the famous Top Gear track and production studio, as well as Wings and Wheels and many other exciting events. We offer a shuttle bus service from Guildford train station to Dunsfold via Godalming.
Competitive salary, discretionary bonus, private healthcare (including dental), life insurance, critical illness insurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, flexitime, laptop and other equipment of your choice, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers.
Memset is a small, friendly, fast-growing, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government. We have a comprehensive suite of in-house developed systems, mostly Linux-based using Python, Django and MySQL, which automate many of our business processes. We can offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practise agile development with continuous integration.
We're a naturally open-source leaning company, primarily very technical hence demanding of our technology. Our approach is one of smart people and automated systems. Our internal systems are often a proving ground for cutting-edge new approaches which will ultimately become the products of the future. We've been going a while, but aggressively pursue the start-up mentality to make sure we don't loose our edge.
This is an extremely friendly environment. You will be technically and professionally challenged but our family will be here to support you. We look after our own, not just with a solid benefits package, but with the culture around us as well. We offer a relaxed atmosphere with a casual dress code, ping-pong table and many other great perks.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete personality profiling, aptitude tests as well as a basic DBS check (formerly CRB check) and Security Clearance (SC).
Compliance And Risk Manager
We have a strong focus on standards and compliance and have held ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001 for a number of years, along with a number of high security UK Government and environmental accreditations. Our vision is to create a secure, highly effective, process driven organisation that is founded on operationally useful compliance activities.
We require an experienced, multidisciplinarian and passionate Compliance and Risk Manager to manage and integrate the existing compliance standards into a more efficient and effective overall system and to identify and achieve accreditation to further standards.
You will liaise closely with the Head of Security and Business Services and will work on a daily basis with the Heads of Development, Operations and Sales and to ensure that our process and standards approach is effective and consistent throughout the business.
Training will be available where the chosen candidate’s experience is lacking in specific areas.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Extensive experience of ISO9001, ISO14001 and particularly ISO27001 management systems
- Experience of UK government security accreditations (PGA, PSNA, GPG13 etc.) and PCI-DSS is desirable
- Awareness of BS 25999, ISO 20000, ITIL desirable
- Relevant qualifications e.g. from BSI, (ISC)2, ISACA, etc.
It is also important that you have genuine passion for risk management and compliance as well as high level of accuracy and attention to detail and logical approach to problem solving. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to learn rapidly and some level of technical knowledge of and experience in the hosting industry is desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Integrating our broad compliance estate into a single, effective system
- Coordination, management and continual improvement of our ISO 27001, 9001 and 14001, PSNA PSN, CEEDA and PCI-DSS accreditations against the relevant standards
- Coordinating our strategic and tactical risk management and assessment activities
- Co-ordinating internal audits and assisting with regular external audits
- Acting as a source of expertise on risk management, UK Data Protection and other legal and regulatory matters
- Co-ordinating on-going environmental activities including Carbon Neutral assessments
- Maintaining and updating policies, procedures and internal control documentation across the organisation
- Providing advice and training to other staff in the use of the management systems and internal policies and procedures
- Being a point of contact for internal and Board reports across all management systems
Sales Admin Assistant
Are you ambitious and conscientious, looking for a varied administration role? Want to join a fast-growing, multi award-winning web and IT hosting company? If so, read on.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a company offering both on the job training and the potential to progress internally. You will also enjoy a stimulating and fast-paced environment where you can learn and develop new skills.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, as a Sales Admin Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the sales team and dealing with billing and administrative queries via the phone and email.
In this varied role, your duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Producing invoices and liaising with customers regarding payment
- Collating information for company meetings and customer quotes
- Helping with the format of proposals and tender submissions
- Following up of leads produced from events (by phone or email)
- Answering the phone and fielding sales queries when the core Sales team is not available
- Attending exhibitions and trade shows where appropriate
- Supporting the Head of Sales with administration where and when required
- Supporting and assisting the sales team where appropriate in sales activities
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Experience working within a Customer Service role
- Some secretarial/administration/PA experience
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail
You should also be Internet and IT savvy with good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as the ability to work as part of a small team.
Ideally you should have a degree level education. A proactive and enthusiastic attitude and a desire to learn new skills are also key. Knowledge of the CRM system Sales Force would be desirable.
An excellent environment for an experienced Windows systems administrator to develop their skills and gain experience with many new technologies. We manage both Linux and Windows environments, so exposure to Linux is highly beneficial. We offer an extensive in-house training as well as assistance with exams/qualifications, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained.
- Providing 2nd line technical support to customers via phone and email
- Taking responsibility for the provisioning and administration of customer environments
- Support and training of 1st line technical team
- Troubleshooting hardware/network/software problems
- Security patching
- Preparation and maintenance of operating system images
- Assisting in the development of automation and provisioning tools
- 24/7 on call one week in seven (with compensation)
Required Skills (Essential)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows with an emphasis on 2008/2012
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Experience of Active Directory administration
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Good degree in a science, maths, engineering or technology, or be able to demonstrate relevant IT experience.
- Relevant qualifications e.g. MCSE/MCSA/MCP
- Experience in a cloud computing/hosting environment
- Windows scripting and automation experience I.e Powershell
- Microsoft SQL
- VPN technologies .i.e IPSEC, PPTP
- Exposure to Linux operating systems
- Full UK driving license
- Thorough, accurate and precise
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization
- Good attention to detail
- Able to see tasks through to conclusion
- ‘Hands on’ approach and a willingness to learn.
Data Centre Support Engineer
Do you have a strong passion for computing? Are you looking for your first break into IT? The role as a Data Centre Support Engineer could be just for you.
Working in our company's UK data centres you will be responsible for installing and maintaining enterprise level hardware as well as being involved in the maintenance and upkeep of the data centres themselves.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Helping with server setups/ configuration and support
- Installing immaculate cabling
- Server rack wiring, disk swaps, physical server installs, lifting servers and asset management
- Keeping the data centre clean, organised and efficient, working to 5s principles
- Troubleshooting physical problems and addressing issues within the facility
- Working on trouble and support tickets
You will be required to demonstrate no less than full performance in a continuous, consistent, measurable manner and to demonstrate high levels of passion and enthusiasm. You will also have to communicate in an honest, transparent manner.
Previous experience is not necessary since full training can be provided. However, you must have good knowledge of PC and server hardware and be hugely passionate about technology. You will also need to have a full, clean UK driving licence.
Due to the nature of the position, you must be able to lift at least 15kg (33lb) over head, be happy to work as part of a 24/7 shift pattern and willing to work overtime when required.
The following will be beneficial to your application:
- A logical approach and the ability to use your own initiative to get the job done
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- A 'can do' and pro active work ethic
- Be able to understand and follow process
- Ability to work alone or be part of a team
If you're an experienced developer interested in automation and you're not afraid of releasing high impact code every day, then we'd like to hear from you. In return we offer a relaxed atmosphere with a casual dress code and many great perks.
We have a comprehensive suite of in-house developed systems, mostly Linux-based using Python, Django and MySQL, which automate many of the business processes. We can offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practise agile development with continuous integration.
Your will be working on new projects and helping with the maintenance of many of the existing systems.
You will also be responsible for detecting repetitive tasks part of operations' day to day activities to automate them as well as deployment and integration of OpenStack.
An ideal candidate must be:
- Fluent in Python and Linux command-line.
- Familiar with Subversion or any other SCM (git or Mercurial, for example).
- Happy to work on your own without excessive supervision.
Ideally you will have a 2.1 degree in science, technology, engineering or maths, or equivalent professional experience.
Familiarity with Xen or any other virtualization technology, unit testing in Python and TDD, networking experience (e.g. basic routing, troubleshooting, IP layers 2 and 3) would also be beneficial as would be web front-end development experience with Django and experience with relational databases and SQL.
Graduate Software Developer
Due to the rapid expansion, we are urgently recruiting for high calibre Graduate Software Developers to join our friendly and relaxed development team at our office just outside of Guildford with a shuttle bus service from the train station.
You will be joining a small team of experienced software developers working on new projects as well as helping with the maintenance of many of the existing systems.
We are looking for exceptional raw talent and we believe that a strong educational background is paramount. Suitable Graduate Software Developers will have at least a 2:1 in a science, technology, engineering or maths degree from a reputable university with solid core (English, Maths, Sciences) grades at A-Level and GCSE.
Ideally you will have some Python skills but applicants with the required academics who are willing to cross train from C++, Java or PHP are encouraged to apply.
You should be familiar with Linux command-line and Subversion or any other SCM (e.g. git or Mercurial).
Python Software Developer
Due to the rapid expansion, we are urgently recruiting for a number of Python Software Developers to join our team at our office just outside of Guildford with a shuttle bus service from the train station. For the right candidate, we can also offer help with relocation costs.
If you’re a talented programmer with excellent Python skills and front-end Django development experience, we offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practice agile development with continuous integration.
As a Python Software Developer, you will have the opportunity to work on a number of exciting new projects. You will also help with the maintenance of existing systems, ranging from the customer facing control panel to our cloud compute platform.
Using your excellent Python skills, you will join a small and very busy development team. As such, you should be happy working on your own without excessive supervision.
To be considered for this position, you must have :
- Fluency in Python
- Familiarity with Subversion or any other SCM (git or Mercurial, for example)
- Web front-end development experience with Django
The ideal Python Software Developer would also have a 2.1 degree in science, technology, engineering or maths, or equivalent professional experience.
Last updated 3 August 2015, 11:00 GMT