Careers at Memset
If you're looking for a challenging career, working at the cutting edge of technology, then we want to hear from you. Memset can offer you a friendly atmosphere and the chance to make a big difference in a small company. We recognise that our staff are the bedrock of our success so we reward them with a generous benefits package and a discretionary bonus scheme. Memset is fast growing and profitable, with ambitious plans, so we're looking for people who can develop with us. Training is ongoing, incorporating both formal qualifications and informal in-house learning, depending on your needs.
Memset is currently hiring for the following positions (permanent and full time unless otherwise specified):
If you would like to apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 3 reasons why you would be perfect for the position.
Please note: Memset does not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Memset is an equal opportunities employer and entry into, and progression within, the company is solely determined by the application of job criteria, personal attitude and competence.
Memset takes the security of personal data very seriously. All personal information supplied by you is held securely by Memset and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Memset is a small, friendly, fast-growing, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government. We have a comprehensive suite of in-house developed systems, mostly Linux-based using Python, Django and MySQL, which automate many of our business processes. We can offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practise agile development with continuous integration.
We're a naturally open-source leaning company, primarily very technical hence demanding of our technology. Our approach is one of smart people and automated systems. Our internal systems are often a proving ground for cutting-edge new approaches which will ultimately become the products of the future.
This is an extremely friendly environment. You will be technically and professionally challenged but our family will be here to support you. We look after our own, not just with a solid benefits package, but with the culture around us as well. We offer a relaxed atmosphere with a casual dress code, ping-pong table and many other great perks.
Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8TB) - map
Dunsfold Park is home to the famous Top Gear track and production studio, as well as Wings and Wheels and many other exciting events.
Due to our rural location, you must be able to drive. Alternatively, we offer a shuttle bus service from Guildford train station to Dunsfold via Godalming, which runs twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. Each journey takes 20-30 minutes.
All roles are currently based at our head office but there may be a future requirement to travel to other Memset offices as the business expands.
- Annual salary review
- Discretionary bonus twice a year
- Private healthcare (including dental)
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Tech Fund to help you develop your IT skills and acumen
- Extensive internal and external training
- BBQ and benches outside - whenever the weather permits bring your own meat in and enjoy a burger al fresco while watching the Stig driving around the track
- Fun Budget - various team building events throughout the year e.g. Pub Quiz, Christmas party, BBQ at the owner's house - lots of fun guaranteed every time!
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the Month competition with very attractive prizes
- Pension Scheme
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete personality profiling, aptitude tests as well as a basic DBS check (formerly CRB check) and Security Clearance (SC).
Head Of Sales
An exciting opportunity to lead our sales team and expand the company's sales strategy. A strong sales management background is required. The successful candidate will primarily establish sales strategies, KPIs and oversee all aspects of the sales function – helping the sales team to maximise their potential.
- Managing, developing and driving the sales team
- Networking and developing new business and opportunities
- Coordinating outbound sales activities, generating new names and account growth
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads, acting as the company’s spokesperson
- Ensuring good governance and process is in place - identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process
- Contributing to the direction of the business through input into the strategic plan and, where applicable, budget setting for their immediate area of responsibility.
- Regular reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances
- Liaising with the Account Management team to ensure smooth transition of new customers to their team
- Participation of weekly Operations meetings
- Responsible for the Sales and Marketing team, consisting of Junior and Senior Sales Executives, Business Development consultant and Marketing Manager.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications manager to ensure campaigns and lead generation synchronises with Sales Strategy.
- Managing the workload of the team through resource management, prioritisation and scheduling of tasks.
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Predicting and planning future resources.
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Regular team performance reviews.
- Demonstrating clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade.
- A strong understanding of Hosting Infrastructure and service offerings
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present at Senior leadership level.
- Experience working in collaborative teams to deliver complex projects.
- Professional, confident manner
- Driven for success
Key performance indicators: The success of the role will be reviewed against the following key performance indicators however, additional projects and goals may be set to the individual during reviews. Any new goals will be mutually agreed.
- Quarterly Sales Target achievements
- Completed team performance reviews
- Continued new business planning and strategy reviews
First Line Support Engineer
We are now looking for a 1st Line Support Engineer to provide frontline customer support with the potential for a career progression. We offer an extensive in-house training as well as assistance with exams/qualifications, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained. You must have demonstrable excellent customer service skills as well as good problem solving abilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing top quality ticket and phone based technical support to direct customers
- Provisioning servers for customers and assisting with customer backups
- 24/7 on call, on a rota basis (with compensation)
- Troubleshooting hardware/network/software problems
We're looking for a bright and ambitious individual with good knowledge of TCP/IP networking and internet protocols as well as basic systems administration skills - Windows/Linux or both (server setup and configuration).
A good degree in science, maths, engineering or technology, or ability to demonstrate relevant IT experience is also required.
Ideally you will have full UK driving license and relevant qualifications e.g. MCSE/LPI/RHCT/RHCE
Last updated 1 February 2017, 10:22 GMT