Careers at Memset
If you're looking for a challenging career, working at the cutting edge of technology, then we want to hear from you. Memset can offer you a friendly atmosphere and the chance to make a big difference in a small company. We recognise that our staff are the bedrock of our success so we reward them with a generous benefits package and a discretionary bonus scheme. Memset is fast growing and profitable, with ambitious plans, so we're looking for people who can develop with us. Training is ongoing, incorporating both formal qualifications and informal in-house learning, depending on your needs.
Memset is currently hiring for the following positions (permanent and full time unless otherwise specified):
If you would like to apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com along with 3 reasons why you would be perfect for the position or follow the link when given.
Please note: Memset does not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
If we aren't advertising the right job for you at the moment, why not join our mailing list so you'll be alerted whenever we post a new job? Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'join mailing list' specifying what roles you're interested in.
Memset is an equal opportunities employer and entry into, and progression within, the company is solely determined by the application of job criteria, personal attitude and competence. Memset is a member of The UKRC’s Chief Executive Officer Charter, which demonstrates our visible commitment to women in science, engineering and technology (SET).
Memset takes the security of personal data very seriously. All personal information supplied by you is held securely by Memset and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8TB) - home to the famous Top Gear track and production studio, as well as Wings and Wheels and many other exciting events. We offer a shuttle bus service from Guildford train station and a fleet of electric bikes.
Competitive salary, discretionary bonus, private healthcare (including dental), life insurance, critical illness insurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, flexitime, laptop and other gadgets of your choice, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers.
Memset is a small, friendly, fast-growing, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government.
We're a naturally open-source leaning company, primarily very technical (hence demanding of our technology) and natively BYOD. Devices are heterogeneous, our approach one of smart people and automated systems. Our internal systems are often a proving ground for cutting-edge new approaches which will ultimately become the products of the future. We've been going a while, but aggressively pursue the start-up mentality to make sure we don't loose our edge.
This is an extremely friendly environment. You will be technically and professionally challenged but our family will be here to support you. We look after our own, not just with a solid benefits package, but with the culture around us as well.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete personality profiling, aptitude tests as well as a basic DBS check (formerly CRB check) and Security Clearance (SC).
First Line Support Systems Administrator
An excellent environment for a budding systems administrator to develop their skills and gain experience with many new technologies. We are now looking for a Systems Administrator to provide frontline customer support with the potential for a career progression. We offer an extensive in-house training as well as assistance with exams/qualifications, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained.
- Providing top quality email and phone based technical support to direct customers
- Provisioning and set up of servers and network equipment
- Assets management
- Troubleshooting hardware/network/software problems and liaising with vendors
You will be required to take part in 24/7 on call one week in five (with compensation).
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking and internet protocols
- Systems administration skills - Windows/Linux or both (server setup and configuration)
- A good degree in a science, maths, engineering or technology degree, or be able to demonstrate relevant IT experience
- Demonstrable excellent customer service skills
- Good problem solving abilities
Relevant qualifications e.g. MCSE/LPI/RHCT/RHCE and full UK driving license are highly desirable.
Memset has held ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO27001 for a number of years, along with a number of high security and environmental accreditations, and we have plans to expand them further. Hence, we now have a requirement for someone to be responsible for the day-to-day running of the internal ISO management systems, supported by the Compliance Manager, but also assist with a wide range of compliance tasks across a number of accreditations and legal requirements. Appropriate training will be provided to develop your knowledge and expertise along with the opportunity to experience a wide range of compliance functions.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to learn rapidly
- Ability to research a topic and draw conclusions
- Logical and objective problem solving
- Experience of at least one of ISO9001, ISO14001 or ISO27001
- Relevant transferrable experience of ISO standards and internal management systems
- Relevant qualifications e.g. from BSI
Responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the running of the internal management systems based on ISO standards
- Co-ordinating internal audits and assisting with regular external audits
- Co-ordinating environmental accreditations including Carbon Neutral assessments
- Maintaining and updating policies, procedures and internal control documentation across the organisation
- Providing advice and training to other staff in the use of the management systems and internal policies and procedures
- Being a point of contact for internal reports across all management systems
- Assisting with a wide range of compliance tasks, for example risk management
You will be supported by the Compliance Manager with all your duties and responsibilities.
Python Software Developer
We have a comprehensive suite of in-house developed systems, mostly Linux-based using Python, Django and MySQL, which automate many of the business processes. We can offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practise agile development with continuous integration.
If you're an experienced Python developer willing to solve interesting problems and you're not afraid of releasing high impact code every day, then we'd like to hear from you. In return we offer a relaxed and fun atmosphere with casual dress code and other excellent perks.
You will be responsible for working on new projects and helping with the maintenance of many of the existing systems, ranging from the customer facing control panel to our cloud compute platform.
You must be fluent in Python, familiar with Subversion or any other SCM (git or Mercurial, for example) and have web front-end development experience with Django. You should also be happy to work on your own without excessive supervision.
- A 2.1 degree in science, technology, engineering or maths, or equivalent professional experience
- Unit testing in Python and TDD
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Linux command-line knowledge
Last updated 25 November 2014, 10:21 GMT