Managed daily backup service
We offer a managed daily backup service. First we also work with you, the customer, to ensure that the correct data is being backed up. Thereafter, we manage the backups and check that they are working using our own automated system. The system checks that there is some data in the backup, otherwise an alert is generated and one of our systems administrators will investigate.
If the backed-up data goes over your pre-paid limit then you will be alerted via email and the backups will stop functioning until the situation has been resolved by you upgrading or by reducing the amount of data to be backed-up.
|Files and folders to be taken and backed up by Memset||•||•|
|Backups monitored for failure and going over-quota by Memset||•||•|
|Restoration of files and folders by Memset.||•||•|
|Restoration of files and folders in office hours||•||•|
|Subsequent work following restoration of files and folders to be carried out by Memset||•|
|Restoration of files and folders out of hours if required||•|
|Full backups of files and folders taken by Memset||•||•|
|Backups monitored for failure and going over quota by Memset||•||•|
|Restoration of files and folders by customer||•||•|
|Bare metal restore performed by Memset||•||•|
|Any work required after restoration of files and folders done by Memset||•|
|Bare metal restore if needed to be done in outside of office hours||•|
Advanced backup solutions
For more mission-critical backups where active / live data is involved we offer a range of customised solutions. For example, you may wish for there to be a real-time "slaving" of your master database server to a hot-standby in one of our other data centre locations. In the event of a catastrophic failure of your main server we can switch over to the hot-standby with minimal downtime.
Further, some customers have a small set of data which needs historical copies. In that instance, we can setup (locally on your server) historical backups, which themselves then get backed up to our backup servers.
Advantages of Memset Managed Backups for Windows servers, using R1Soft CDP Backup Software
- A fully managed professional backup solution
- Full system restore capabilities (using a "bare metal" restore option)
- Archiving capabilities to store data over longer time periods
- High performance compression to reduce total backup space usage
- Multi restore point capability
- Virtual and Dedicated server backup/restore capability
Advantages of Memset Managed Backups for Linux and cPanel Servers
- Range of backup modes including 'all directories' and more specific scopes (see the Linux and cPanel Backup Docs page for more details)
- Managed service which monitors daily backup success and quota.
- Encrypted transfer of backup data
- Ideal for WHM/cpanel servers as the service will mirror any local WHM/cpanel backups
Our backup servers all use RAID for resilient storage. We proactively monitor our backup servers and replace any failed disks immediately. To date, we have had no data loss as a result of hardware failure on our backup servers.