OpenStack Object Storage access with Cyberduck for Mac or Windows
Cyberduck is a free open source program for Mac OS X or Windows that incorporates several protocols, including FTP, SFTP, SCP, Openstack Open Storage (Swift) API, and many others.
Cyberduck can be used to transfer files to your Memstore™ account via SFTP or Openstack Swift API - but the purpose of this tutorial is to describe the OpenStack Swift API interface. This applies to both the Mac and Windows version of Cyberduck, but for the purposes of this tutorial, we'll be using the Mac edition.
- Open Cyberduck and click on the + button at the bottom of the main Cyberduck window to bring up the new server bookmark interface.
- Give the bookmark a nickname, then make sure that you select the Swift (OpenStack Object Storage) protocol from the pull-down menu as shown in the screenshot below.
- Use auth.storage.memset.com as the server name.
- Use your Memstore™ product username followed by a colon and the container username (or if you're using the main admin account, use admin). For example, I am connecting as the admin account msdrakeab2:admin.
- If you're not connecting to a particular container and are logging in as the admin user, leave the path field alone - otherwise you can specify the container in the path field prefixed by a forward slash (/). For example: /myblog.
Uploading and downloading files
Now that you're connected, you can just drag and drop files into and out of your containers.