Careers at Memset
If you're looking for a challenging career, working at the cutting edge of technology, then we want to hear from you. Memset can offer you a friendly atmosphere and the chance to make a big difference in a small company. We recognise that our staff are the bedrock of our success so we reward them with a generous benefits package and a discretionary bonus scheme. Memset is fast growing and profitable, with ambitious plans, so we're looking for people who can develop with us. Training is ongoing, incorporating both formal qualifications and informal in-house learning, depending on your needs.
Memset is currently hiring for the following positions (permanent and full time unless otherwise specified):
If you would like to apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 3 reasons why you would be perfect for the position.
Please note: Memset does not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Memset is an equal opportunities employer and entry into, and progression within, the company is solely determined by the application of job criteria, personal attitude and competence.
Memset takes the security of personal data very seriously. All personal information supplied by you is held securely by Memset and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Memset is a small, friendly, fast-growing, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government. We have a comprehensive suite of in-house developed systems, mostly Linux-based using Python, Django and MySQL, which automate many of our business processes. We can offer a dynamic environment in which to progress your career and practise agile development with continuous integration.
We're a naturally open-source leaning company, primarily very technical hence demanding of our technology. Our approach is one of smart people and automated systems. Our internal systems are often a proving ground for cutting-edge new approaches which will ultimately become the products of the future.
This is an extremely friendly environment. You will be technically and professionally challenged but our family will be here to support you. We look after our own, not just with a solid benefits package, but with the culture around us as well. We offer a relaxed atmosphere with a casual dress code, ping-pong table and many other great perks.
Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8TB) - map
Dunsfold Park is home to the famous Top Gear track and production studio, as well as Wings and Wheels and many other exciting events.
Due to our rural location, you must be able to drive. Alternatively, we offer a shuttle bus service from Guildford train station to Dunsfold via Godalming, which runs twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. Each journey takes 20-30 minutes.
All roles are currently based at our head office but there may be a future requirement to travel to other Memset offices as the business expands.
- Annual salary review
- Discretionary bonus twice a year
- Private healthcare (including dental)
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Buy-back holiday scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Tech Fund to help you develop your IT skills and acumen
- Extensive internal and external training
- BBQ and benches outside - whenever the weather permits bring your own meat in and enjoy a burger al fresco while watching the Stig driving around the track
- Fun Budget - various team building events throughout the year e.g. Pub Quiz, Christmas party, BBQ at the owner's house - lots of fun guaranteed every time!
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the Month competition with very attractive prizes
- Pension Scheme
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete personality profiling, aptitude tests as well as a basic DBS check (formerly CRB check) and Security Clearance (SC).
Linux Cloud Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Linux Cloud Engineer (Openstack) to join the friendly team here at Memset, working within our OpenStack team.
- Linux systems administration
- Configuration and patch management
- 2nd line customer support
- Engineering highly available solutions for our infrastructure and customers
- Engage with customers on architecture design and implementation
- Assisting with platform growth and development
- Monitoring and fault resolution
- Maintaining excellent documentation
- 24/7 on call one week in seven (with compensation) + additional out of hours maintenance required from time to time.
Required Skills (Essential):
- Experience with Linux systems administration and configuration tuning
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Security focused architecture design and implementation
- Familiarity with DevOps and Infrastructure-as-code concepts
- Great written and verbal communication skills for clear and concise documentation and customer interaction
- BSc or equivalent experience in production environments of a similar nature
The following would be beneficial to your application:
- Experience with
- OpenStack and/or Ceph, especially in production environments
- Container platforms such as: Docker (Swarm)/Kubernetes/Apache Mesos
- Configuration management tools including: Puppet/Ansible/Chef
- Experience with Nagios/Icinga/Zabbix
- ELK Stack
- Python, bash or any other scripting experience
- Broad knowledge of data centre, virtualization, and cloud technologies & associated best practices
- Willingness to Automate any task, no matter how big or small
- OpenSource Contributor/Advocate
Last updated 9 February 2018, 16:56 GMT